how does it work? read faqs and learn more about the process
WHAT TO EXPECT
Carpet Cleaning Facts
- Duration of dry time is typically 4-12 hrs depending on air flow and temperature of home – To speed dry time, we suggest open windows (if applicable), use fans or turn up the heat in home.
- Carpets and upholstery are the second largest filters in your home, next to your furnace and ducts. They trap dead skin cells, dust mites, animal dander etc. Carpet manufacturers and respiratory specialists recommend hot water extraction for carpet and upholstery cleaning every 12-18 months to create a healthier indoor environment.
- Certain spot cleaners on the market can inadvertently do permanent damage due to high PH levels and residue left behind, so Optimax suggests a 50% water/ 50% vinegar mix in a spray bottle as a safe at home cleaning agent.
- Most carpets and upholstery come from factory with Scotch Guard protection on them, that wear off over time, and should be re-applied. Benefits of scotch guard are that carpets and upholstery stay cleaner 2-3 times longer, obtain less wear and tear, prolonging the life of the carpet and upholstery, makes the vacuum more efficient, spills are easier to clean.
- Did you know that using home based carpet stain removers can do more harm than good?
- Saturating carpet with cleaner, will often times leave behind a residue that attracts dirt.
- Rubbing too much can push the stain deeper into the carpet and untwist the fibres.
- It may be tempting to flood the carpet to rinse it, but it’s best not to. Oversaturating is not only damaging to your carpet, but to the pad and flooring below.
- Most times, it is better to entrust your stains to the professionals.
- Did you know that steam clean rental machines that you can rent from places like Sobeys or Home Depot can actually do more harm than good??
- When you rent a carpet cleaning machine, there is no guarantee that it has been properly sanitized between rentals, and you could be tracking contaminants and bacteria from previous users into your own home!
- Dog saliva contains at least 12 different allergy-causing protein bands. When dogs lick their fur, the saliva dries, and these proteins become airborne.
- There are 23 million fecal coliform bacteria in a single gram of dog poop.
- An estimated 10% of the population is allergic to animals, with pet dander being the main cause.
- Our beloved dogs will leave all kinds of bacteria and allergens in your carpets and upholstery. Only professional cleaning can truly help eliminate these health hazards. The longer it is left, the harder it is to remove, and often times require extra measures to remove. (Even then, some tougher households, may never rid themselves of certain pet smells/stains, and will need to replace their carpets.) The EPA recommends pet friendly homes should, on average, be steam cleaned once every 3-6 months.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
What To Expect
We ask that our customers vacuum their carpets and ensure that no clothing, toys etc. are left on the flooring to be cleaned. The rest is up to us!
When our technician arrives, he will ask that you point out any areas of concern, and we can apply specific stain removers for any pet stains, wine or coffee spills etc. He will then apply our pre-spray on all surfaces, which will sit for approximately 10-15 minutes while he sets up the rest of his equipment. He then agitates the pre-spray into the carpet with a carpet rake, which helps loosen any dirt/debris.
Hot water extraction is now applied with our 6 jet Evolution wand, thoroughly flushing out your carpets and upholstery, leaving you with a fresh clean, residue free surface.
Once complete, our technician will do a post clean walk through with our client, to ensure complete satisfaction. Your carpets and upholstery should be left damp to the touch. Typical dry time is anywhere between 4-12 hours, depending on the heat and airflow of your home. (If you wish to speed the drying process, you can turn up the heat in your home, as well as place fans.) If you need to walk on your still damp carpets, we suggest wearing clean socks or slippers.